Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Orchestration



falling, pacing, running down,
from where does my mind flow today?
thoughtless sky and hasty wind
in turn, dismiss my heart
as if a stranger.

goldenrod and shivering blue hues
stir the street into a fine froth.
everyone I look upon
seems oddly familiar to me,
but I have planted my feet

firmly grasping reality’s
half-visible tip;
I slip from the heavens
as if a web of sheer delight
sprawls wide below to catch me

when I fall, the world muffles
its own voice and dons
an alternate identity.
stale and overly warm,
today’s dreams reflect wrath.

there is a hideous wildcat
perched in its glorious cavern,
foaming with rabid curiosity;
to enter would be deadly,
but it’s your only hope,

or so you think,
or so you know to be true:
the only real source of comfort
lies in the eye of the pain when
your soul serves as prime conductor.


Jennifer Burnside

No comments:

Post a Comment