Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not Beyond Us

Times like this they shine,
life beams full of light,
song rides sweet through the breeze.
Though the storm has long passed,
I’m still pouring within.

Words are wondrous,
bearing promises                                                     
Yet they are flighty and free.
They come and go as they please,
leaving time to tell the tale.

When you look at me
I’m remembering;
my life flashes behind your eyes.
Though you wear a smile,
my heart hangs upside down.

Words are wondrous,         
hiding resentments,
smoothing the sheets with a sigh.
Always wondering why,
but never asking for the truth

And then the clouds return
And with them doubt returns
I’m searching for a trace of our love.

Next the drips drop dry
sunshine sashays by;
We’re finding our way after the rain,
And learning, we can grow from the pain.


Jennifer Burnside

No comments:

Post a Comment